SketchUp has been named the #1 architecture software program in the world, based on G2’s newly released Grid® Report for Architecture, Summer 2022
Architecture Software Definition
Architecture software is used primarily by architects to visualize, create, view, and document building designs with powerful 2D precision drawing and drafting tools. Additional capabilities include schedule management, drafting automation, and customizable work environments.
Products in the Architecture category offer a repertoire of 2D design tools that assist in the process of scheduling, planning, and executing detailed construction drawings. Using personalized environments, these platforms allow architects to simulate real-world obstacles, helping provide advanced problem solving abilities. Some products, similar to those in General-Purpose CAD and Building Design and Building Information Modeling (BIM) categories, include 3D modeling capabilities and integrations, allowing for a greater ability to visualize and generate complex designs.
To qualify for inclusion in the Architecture category, a product must:
- Have capabilities specifically designed for architects
- Include 2D precision drawing and drafting tools
- Provide a customizable platform
- Offer documentation and scheduling capabilities
Architecture Grid® Scoring Description
Products shown on the Grid® for Architecture have received a minimum of 10 reviews/ratings in data gathered by May 31, 2022 in any subcategory of Architecture. Products are ranked by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on market share, seller size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: SketchUp, Revit, Archicad, Blender, Enscape, Lumion, Cinema 4D, and Chief Architect Premier
- High Performing products have high customer Satisfaction scores and low Market Presence compared to the rest of the category. High Performers include: The Wild, D5 Render, Twinmotion, and SoftPlan
- Contender products have relatively low customer Satisfaction scores and high Market Presence compared to the rest of the category. While they may have positive reviews, they do not have enough reviews to validate those ratings. Contenders include: V-Ray, RoomSketcher, Modo, and Deltek Specpoint
- Niche products have relatively low Satisfaction scores and low Market Presence compared to the rest of the category. While they may have positive reviews, they do not have enough reviews to validate those ratings. Niche products include: Maxwell Render, Artlantis, CorelDRAW Technical Suite X7, MagicPlan, and Frank.
Thanks to all our users for reviewing us!
Source: Reports of G2