V-Ray 5, update 2 includes a number of new features that allow artists to streamline their workflows and gain time to be creative. With Chaos Cosmos support, users get access to free 3D models, materials, and more. A faster and easier way to add signs, labels, cracks, and other effects to surfaces comes with the new V-Ray Decal. We’ve also added USD support for lights, Chaos Cloud batch rendering, and more.
V-Ray 5 for Maya, update 2 highlights:
- Free render-ready content. Chaos Cosmos is a free library of high-quality V-Ray content to help bring your scenes to life. With a collection of high-resolution materials, beautiful HDR environments, and render- ready 3D models such as plants, trees, bushes and more, Chaos Cosmos is a great resource for your next project.
- Easily apply decals. Apply decals to any surface without altering the underlying material or adding UVs. The new V-Ray Decal makes it easy to add stickers, labels, cracks, stains, scratches, and more.
- Extended USD support. Enhance your workflow with the ability to export V-Ray lights to USD and render USD lights with V-Ray.
- Batch rendering with Chaos Cloud. Easily batch render multiple cameras and render layers with Chaos Cloud.
- Blur and Sharpen in the VFB. Adjust the detail of your renders using the new Blur and Sharpen layers, built right in the V-Ray Frame Buffer, for even more artistic control. And save time with batch image processing.
- Enhanced V-Ray Curvature texture. The V-Ray Curvature texture generates masks based on the curvature of a surface, and the latest improvements add individual controls for convex and concave areas. In addition, a new option to ignore bump maps makes the curvature masks more accurate.
- Hair improvements. Render blond, gray, white, and other bright hair colors more accurately with the updated V-Ray Next Hair Material.
- Extended V-Ray Dirt. New advanced options in V-Ray Dirt ensure more precise control over weathering effects.
- Light volumetric contribution. Easily adjust how much an individual light illuminates the environment fog around it with newly added lighting controls.